Tax Planning & Compliance Savvy planning to maximize profits.
While we’re all legally obligated to pay taxes, there’s no reason to pay more taxes than necessary.Tax codes are incredibly complex, and our mission is to understand them inside and out.
We have learned the ins and outs of tax law, tax codes, and tax compliance so you can focus on what you do best: growing your business.
Tax planning involves so much more than just estimating how much you’ll owe in taxes. When done correctly, tax planning can minimize your tax burden, maximize your profits, and help your business flourish.
Before we make any tax planning recommendations, we need to understand our client’s goals. That will enable us to give you the most effective tax planning strategies and tactics to minimize your tax burden. When we first meet, these are the most common questions we get from our clients:
- What can I do to lower my taxes?
- What will I owe in taxes this year? Will it be higher or lower than last year?
- Am I withholding enough for taxes?
We’ll want to ask you some questions, too, to ensure we have enough information:
- What are your growth plans?
- How, if at all, do you expect your income/revenue to change in the next five years?
- When do you plan to retire? Do you have a successor?
- What, if anything, has changed in your business in the last year?
- Are you currently contributing to a retirement account through your business?
- What challenges do you think your business might face in the next 3-5 years?
Tax Preparation & Compliance
Tax Day may come just once a year, but we work with our clients year-round to ensure they’re staying compliant and up-to-date on their estimated taxes. We want our clients to be as prepared and informed as possible about their tax liability and how they can minimize their tax burden.
With Harvest Tax & Accounting, you can expect proactive tax guidance explained to you in a language you can understand. We handle all of the following tax preparation needs for our clients:
- Tax returns for corporations, partnerships, individuals, estates and trusts, and non-profits
- Federal, state, and local taxes
- IRS problem resolution
For tax preparation, we make the process as efficient and straightforward as possible. We give all of our clients a comprehensive list of the information they’ll need to gather prior to filing their taxes, but here is a short list of what you’ll need to have on hand:
- Any financial records that we wouldn’t already have
- Mileage log
- Any out-of-pocket expenses that haven’t already been noted
- Any personal expenses that were paid for out of your business account
- Any 1099s you may have received, if applicable
We’re here to be a resource, so please let us know what questions we can answer for you along the way.